Two arrested in shooting investigation,
Lawrence Square Shopping Centre,
700 Lawrence Avenue West
Broadcast time: 09:37
Tuesday, January 23, 2018
Case #: 2018-45743
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of two arrests in a shooting investigation.
It is alleged that:
- on Monday, January 8, 2018, at approximately 3:20 p.m., a group of males was standing at the north entrance to Lawrence Square Shopping Centre at 700 Lawrence Avenue West
- they were approached by a boy who shot at them ten times
- a 31-year-old man and 27-year-old man were each struck by one bullet
- they each received non-life-threatening injuries and were taken to hospital
- the boy then fled the scene in a nearby vehicle driven by his co-accused
On Monday, January 22, 2018, members of the Street Violence Task Force executed two Criminal Code Search Warrants.
It is further alleged that:
- during the execution of these search warrants, clothing worn at the time of the shooting was recovered
Kimeron Grant, 21, and a 16-year-old boy, both of Toronto, were arrested and have each been charged with:
1) two counts of Attempted Murder
2) Discharge firearm with intent to endanger life
3) Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited/Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
4) Possession of a Restricted Firearm knowing its possession is Unauthorized
5) Possession of a firearm in a Motor vehicle
Kimeron Grant, 21, is scheduled to appear in court at 1000 Finch Avenue West on Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 10 a.m., room 306.
The 16-year-old boy is scheduled to appear in court at 2201 Finch Avenue West on Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 10 a.m., room 204F.
The 16-year-old boy cannot be identified under the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-3303, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable James McArthur, 32/33 Division Street Violence Task Force