Richard Adams, 37, faces five charges in child exploitation investigation,
Victoria Park Avenue and Eglinton Avenue East area,
Photographs of man released,
Police concerned there may be other victims
Broadcast time: 14:50
Saturday, January 27, 2018
Case #: 2018-146896
On Wednesday, January 24, 2018, members of the Toronto Police Service Sex Crimes Child Exploitation Section executed a search warrant in the Victoria Park Avenue and Eglinton Avenue East area.
It is alleged that:
- in January 2016, a child met a man on the internet
- the man sexually assaulted the child at the man’s home
- the man sent the child sexually explicit images over the internet
- the man continued to sexually assault the child over a number of months
- the man continued to communicate with other underage online users for a sexual purpose
Richard Adams, 37, of Toronto, has been arrested and charged with:
1) Two counts of Luring a Child (under 16)
2) Make Sexually Explicit Material Available to Child
3) Sexual Interference
4) Sexual Assault
He used the online username “Richard B Adams.”
Police are concerned there may be other victims and are urging anyone who has information about Richard Adams to call police at 416−808−8500 or Leave a Tip on Facebook, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416−222−TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637. Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
He was scheduled to appear in court at College Park on Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 9:30 a.m.
Reporting can also be made at Canada’s National Tipline for Reporting the Online Sexual Exploitation of Children at www.cybertip.ca.
This project has been made possible by a grant from the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Meaghan Gray, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Julie MacInnis, Sex Crimes Child Exploitation Section