Man, 28, arrested in firearms investigation,
Jameson Avenue and King Street West,
Faces 20 charges,
Broadcast time: 08:44
Monday, January 29, 2018
Case #: 2018-163951
The Toronto Police Service would like to inform the public of an arrest in a firearms investigation.
On Thursday, January 25, 2018, at approximately 5:45 p.m., officers responded to a call for trespassers in the Jameson Avenue and King Street West area.
It is alleged that:
- officers assisted in the eviction of trespassers from a vacant apartment
- a quantity of drugs and a firearm were located
- a firearms investigation was started
On Sunday, January 28, 2018, at 5:30 p.m., Rushaune Champagnie, 28, of Toronto, was arrested. He is charged with:
1) Attempt Break-and-Enter
2) Mischief Under $5000
4) Threaten Bodily Harm
5) Careless Storage of a Firearm
6) Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
7) Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Weapon
8) Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
9) Possession of a Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition
10) Possession of a Weapon Obtained by Crime
11) Possession of a Firearm with Serial Number Altered
12) four counts of Possession of a firearm contrary to prohibition order
13) Possession of a Schedule I Substance
14) Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking Schedule I Substance
15) Fail to Comply Recognizance
16) two counts of Fail to Comply with Probation
He is scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Monday, January 29, 2018, 10 a.m., room 101.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable David Hopkinson, Corporate Communications, for Detective Darren Worth, 14 Division