Man, 56, faces 15 charges in firearm investigation,
Eglinton Avenue West and Kipling Avenue area
Broadcast time: 08:11
Thursday, February 1, 2018
Case #: 2018-148569
Toronto Police Service officers began an investigation in January 2018 into a man who allegedly was in possession of an illegal firearm.
On Wednesday, January 24, 2018, at 9:47 a.m., the Toronto Police Service executed a Criminal Code search warrant in the Eglinton Avenue West and Kipling Avenue area.
It is alleged that:
- officers located a large quantity of firearms and ammunition
- 25 handguns and 46 rifles/shotguns were seized along with approximately 10,000 rounds of ammunition
- officers located four illegal firearms, with one of the firearms having been stolen from a Break-and-Enter in York Region in early January 2018.
Leone Bruno, 56, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with:
1) four counts of Possess unauthorized firearm
2) four counts of Possess restricted or prohibited firearm knowingly not holding a licence and registration certificate
3) four counts of Possess firearm obtained by crime
4) Possess firearm with altered serial number
5) Store ammunition carelessly
6) Store firearm carelessly
He was scheduled to appear in court at 2201 Finch Avenue West, on Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 10 a.m., room 207.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Superintendent Ron Taverner, 12 Division