Marijuana dispensary search warrant executed,
1753 Albion Road, unit 5,
Two people arrested, face total of 14 charges
Broadcast time: 08:16
Saturday, February 3, 2018
Case #: 2018-182642
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of arrests in a Controlled Drugs and Substances Act investigation.
On Monday, January 29, 2018, at 6 p.m., officers executed a search warrant at Starbuds Dispensary at 1753 Albion Road unit 5.
It is alleged that the following items were seized during execution of the search warrant:
- Marihuana shatter 82.58 grams (street value $4200.00)
- Marihuana 363.7 grams (street value $3700.00)
- Marihuana cookies x3 packs (street value $50.00)
- Marihuana gummies x 8 packs (street value $160.00)
- Marihuana resin x 22 pills (street value $220.00)
- Unknown white powder
- Imitation firearm (MP5 BB sub-machine gun)
- Canadian currency valuing $211.00
Kevin McKnight, 31, and Steven Deocharan, 29, both of Toronto, are each charged with:
1) three counts of Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking Marihuana
2) three counts of Possession of Marihuana
3) Possession of the Proceeds of Crime
They are scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Friday, March 9, 2018, 9 a.m., room 114.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable David Hopkinson, Corporate Communications, for Sergeant Glenn Asselin, 23 Division