Man, 48, arrested in two Mischief investigations,
Faces 16 charges
Broadcast time: 16:51
Saturday, February 3, 2018
Case #: 2018-206062
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest in two Mischief investigations.
On Friday, February 2, 2018, 22 Division officers were called to Royal York subway station, 2900 Bloor Street West, for a damage to property call.
It is alleged that:
- a man entered the tunnel and intentionally damaged 10 TTC track switches
- this resulted in the closure of Royal York subway station for several hours
- the man was arrested several hours later, in possession of tools used to damage the track switches
It is further alleged that:
- on Sunday, January 7, 2018, he was in The East Mall and The Queensway area
- he entered a fenced area that contained an airport beacon
- he cut the power cables, disabling the beacon
On Friday, February 2, 2018, Pawel Grodkowski, 48, of Toronto, was arrested. He has been charged with:
1) ten counts of Mischief Interfere with Lawful Enjoyment of Property
2) Mischief Endanger Life
3) two counts of Possession of Break-In Instruments
4) two counts of Fail to Comply Recognizance
5) Break-and-Enter with Intent
He appeared in court at Old City Hall on Saturday, February 3, 2018, 10 a.m., room 101.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-2200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Katrina Arrogante, Corporate Communications, for Detective Jim Brons, 22 Division