Personal injury collision #1/2018,
Westbound Highway 401 off-ramp at Neilson Road,
Woman, 23, facing four charges
Broadcast time: 10:17
Tuesday, February 6, 2018
Case #: 2018-595
On Monday, January 1, 2018, at 1:36 a.m., police received a call for a personal injury collision at the westbound Highway 401 off-ramp to Neilson Road.
It is alleged that:
- a woman, 23, was driving a 2003 Hummer SUV westbound on the Highway 401 off-ramp, attempting to exit to Neilson Road
- a man, 78, was driving a 2012 Dodge Caravan southbound on Neilson Road, approaching the westbound Highway 401 off-ramp
- the vehicles collided in the intersection
A man, 33, a passenger in the Hummer, received life-threatening injuries and was taken to hospital.
It is further alleged that:
- the driver of the Hummer has been identified as Sarah Baldeo, 23, of Pickering
She has been charged with;
1) two counts of impaired operation of a motor vehicle causing bodily harm
2) two counts of over 80 mgs operation of a motor vehicle causing bodily harm
She appeared in court at College Park on Monday, February 5, 2018, 2 p.m., room 507.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Clint Stibbe, Traffic Services, for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services