Search warrant executed,
Sherbourne Street and Dundas Street East area,
Six arrested, loaded firearm recovered
Broadcast time: 10:30
Wednesday, February 7, 2018
Case #: 2018-215264
On Saturday, February 3, 2018, officers from 51 Division Major Crime Unit executed a search warrant in the Sherbourne Street and Dundas Street East area.
It is alleged that:
- six people were located inside the premises
- one person had a loaded firearm
All six were taken safely into custody.
It is further alleged that:
- during the execution of the search warrant, a loaded Ruger 9mm firearm, 43 grams of crack cocaine with a street value of approximately $4,300, and $3,400 in Canadian currency, believed to be the proceeds of crime, were seized
Kevin Prince, 37, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with:
1) Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
2) Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking Crack Cocaine
Karim Creighton, 34; Kim Prince, 51; Brandy Laramee, 42; Oliver Smith, 34; and Ryan McLean, 37, all of Toronto, were arrested and each charged with:
1) Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking Crack Cocaine
They all appeared in court at Old City Hall on Sunday, February 4, 2018.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Detective Sergeant Scott Spratt, 51 Division