Man, 21, faces 12 charges in shooting investigation,
Queen Street West and Macdonell Avenue area
Broadcast time: 08:48
Tuesday, February 27, 2018
Case #: 2018-345669
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest in a shooting investigation.
On Friday, February 23, 2018, at approximately 7:15 p.m., officers responded to a call for a shooting in the Queen Street West and Macdonell Avenue area.
It is alleged that:
- four men became involved in a dispute
- a man, 21, pulled out a black handgun from his pants and fired numerous shots towards two men inside a vehicle, attempting to flee the area
Carlos Swaby-Palacios, 21, of Toronto, was arrested. He is charged with:
2) Point Firearm
3) Assault with a weapon
4) Discharge Firearm with Intent to Wound
5) Unauthorized possession of a firearm
6) Unauthorized possession of a restricted or prohibited weapon
7) Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is unauthorized
8) Possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
9) Possession of a Firearm Obtained by Crime
10) Careless storage of a firearm or ammunition
11) Mischief Under $5000
12) Fail to Comply with probation
He appeared in court at Old City Hall on Saturday, February 24, 2018, 10 a.m., room 101.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1400, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Katrina Arrogante, Corporate Communications, for Detective Darren Worth, 14 Division