Man, 35, arrested in shooting investigation,
Adelaide Street West and Portland Street area,
Faces nine charges
Broadcast time: 09:38
Tuesday, February 27, 2018
Case #: 2018-359932
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest in a shooting investigation.
It is alleged that:
- on Monday, February 26, 2018, at 2:51 a.m., officers working a paid duty in the Adelaide Street West and Portland Street area heard the sound of a gunshot on Portland Street.
- officers immediately attended the area, and subsequently located a man with a firearm at his feet, and a single gunshot wound through his right leg
- investigation revealed that the accused appeared to have sustained the injury as a result of mishandling the firearm, which he had concealed in his waistband
- a firearm was seized, along with nine rounds of .45 calibre ammunition
It is further alleged that:
- the accused was identified as Bruno Ndaye, 35, of Toronto
- he was arrested at the scene and taken to hospital, where he remains, with non-life-threatening injuries
He has been charged with:
1) Discharge Firearm Being Reckless
2) Possess Restricted/Prohibited Firearm Without a Holding a Licence
3) Unlicensed Person Possess Prohibited/Restricted Weapon
4) Possess Restricted/Prohibited Firearm Knowingly Not Holding a Licence
5) Possess Loaded Regulated Firearm
6) Possess Firearm Obtained by Crime
7) Use/Handle/Store Ammunition Carelessly
8) Two counts of Fail to Comply (Recognizance)
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1400, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook, Corporate Communications, for Detective Darren Worth, 14 Division