St. Francis of Assisi Good Friday Procession,
Friday, March 30, 2018,
Broadcast time: 06:47
Wednesday, March 28, 2018
On Friday, March 30, 2018, the St. Francis of Assisi Church will hold their annual Good Friday Procession. The Procession will start at 3 p.m., and is expected to be completed by approximately 6 p.m. The Procession will be comprised of 6,000 participants, 10 floats, and three bands.
The procession route:
Formation area: Grace Street and Mansfield Avenue - Full Roadway
Southbound: Grace Street - Full Roadway
Westbound: Dundas Street West - West Full Roadway
Northbound: Montrose Avenue - Full Roadway
Eastbound: College Street - Full Roadway
Southbound: Manning Avenue - Full Roadway
Westbound: Mansfield Avenue - Full Roadway
Dispersal: St. Francis of Assisi Church at Mansfield Avenue and Grace Street
Road closures will be in effect in the area, including a portion of College Street and Dundas Street West, between Bathurst Street and Ossington Avenue, from approximately 2:30 p.m. until approximately 6 p.m.
Motorists can expect delays in the area and should consider alternate methods of transportation.
The College Street and Dundas Street West TTC streetcars will be diverted during the event:
- once the Procession approaches Dundas Street West, the 505 streetcars are turned back at Bathurst Street, via Bathurst station, returning south to proceed eastbound on Dundas Street
- the 505 bus shuttle will divert using Dundas Street West, Ossington Avenue, Queen Street West, and Bathurst Street, both ways, until Dundas Street West is clear
- the 506 streetcars on College Street are maintained until the Procession starts north on Montrose Street. At this time, they are also turned back at Bathurst Street
- the 506 cars will divert using College Street, Bathurst Street, Dundas Street West, and Ossington Avenue, both ways, until College Street is clear
- TTC personnel will be on site managing the diversions
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Constable Nicola McIsaac, 14 Division Planner