Man wanted in two separate Assault on a TTC bus investigations,
Yonge Street and Lawrence Avenue East,
and Dufferin Street and Wilson Avenue,
Security camera images of man released
Broadcast time: 08:56
Tuesday, April 3, 2018
Case #: 2018-452932
The Toronto Police Service is requesting assistance identifying a man wanted in two separate Assault investigations.
It is reported that:
- On Monday, March 12, 2018, at 8:01 a.m., a man attempted to enter a TTC bus at Lawrence Avenue West subway station
- after a brief discussion, the bus operator advised the man he was possibly boarding the wrong bus
- at this point the man became confrontational and assaulted the bus operator, before fleeing the area
It is further reported that:
- On Friday, March 16, 2018 at approximately 4:30 a.m., another TTC bus operator was seated in an "Out of Service" TTC bus, which was parked in the Dufferin Street and Wilson Avenue area.
- the same man approached the bus, and assaulted the operator
- a short while later, the man boarded another TTC bus in the area and assaulted a passenger. He then fled the area
The male is described as 26-30, 5’11", 170 lbs.
He was wearing a black vest, with a white design or logo on the front chest area, a red or black hooded top, light-blue jeans sagging below waist, white shoes, sun glasses, a black back pack, and gloves with a white design. He was also seen carrying what appears to be a reflective vest.
Security camera images of the man are attached.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-3200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Phillip Campbell, 32 Division