Man, 36, faces seven charges in six robberies,
Arrest by Windsor Police Service
Broadcast time: 14:00
Tuesday, April 3, 2018
Case #: 2018-553718
Toronto Police Service Hold Up investigators would like to make the public aware of an arrest for a spree of six robberies.
It is alleged that:
- between Tuesday, March 27, 2018 and Saturday, March 31, 2018, a man committed a total of six robberies in Toronto; five bank robberies and one robbery at a large grocery store
- during the robberies, the man entered the premises unmasked
- he approached the victim’s and produced a hold-up note demanding money
- he verbally indicated that he was armed with a gun
- he received cash during his robberies and utilized a taxi cab to flee
from the scenes
He was identified by the Toronto Police Service who were actively searching for him.
On Monday, April 2, 2018, the Windsor Police Service located the man hiding in an apartment, and they also recovered a vehicle the man allegedly stole from Toronto on Sunday, April 1, 2018.
Geoffrey Wayne Bennett, 36, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with:
1. Six counts of Robbery
2. Possession of Property obtained by crime (motor vehicle)
He appeared in court at 1000 Finch Avenue West on Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 10 a.m., room 306.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Acting Inspector Domenic DiPassa, Hold Up