Man, 31, facing 19 charges in retail store robberies
Broadcast time: 13:40
Wednesday, April 4, 2018
Case #: 2018-428072
The Toronto Police Service Hold Up Squad would like to make the public aware of an arrest in five retail store robberies in 51 Division.
The same man was charged on Thursday, March 8, 2018, See previous release.
It is alleged that:
- on Thursday, March 29, 2018, between 3:20 p.m. and 5:20 p.m., a man entered five retail stores ranging from a gas station, drug store, a hardware store and two food stores
- he was unmasked and approached the victim, indicated he was armed with a firearm and demanded cash
- in several of the stores he fled empty handed when the victims did not comply with his demands
At the last robbery, police were in the area and were alerted by witnesses. Police were involved in a short foot pursuit and arrested the man.
It is further alleged that:
- officers seized a torch lighter
Michael Joseph Brown, now 31, of Toronto, was charged with:
1) six counts of Robbery with an Offensive Weapon
2) six counts of Possession of a Weapon
3) six counts of Fail to Comply Recognizance
4) Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
He appeared in court at College Park on Tuesday, April 3, 2018, room 501.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Acting Inspector Lauren Pogue, Hold Up