Public Safety Alert,
Sexual Assault Investigation
Broadcast time: 13:18
Thursday, April 5, 2018
Case #: 2018-574223
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of a ongoing sexual assault investigation.
It is reported:
- on Friday, March 16, 2018 at 8:15 p.m., a 28 year-old woman was walking in the area of Close Avenue and King Street
- a man approached the woman from behind
- the man then sexually assaulted the woman
- the man held onto the woman
- the woman fought back to defend herself and the man released his hold, and fled the area towards Jameson Avenue
The man is described as white, 5'8", and a medium build. He was wearing a dark-coloured hooded sweatshirt and dark-coloured pants.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1400, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
A sexual assault is any form of unwanted sexual contact. It includes, but is not limited to, kissing, grabbing, oral sex and penetration. To learn more about sexual assault, including how to report a sexual assault, please visit our Sex Crimes website.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Detective Scott Villers, 14 Division