Arrest made in firearm investigation,
Daniel Kowalewski, 29
Broadcast time: 18:05
Saturday, April 7, 2018
Case #: 2018-620698
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest made in a firearm investigation.
It is alleged that:
- on Saturday, April 7, 2018, at approximately 2:20 a.m., the accused was involved in a dispute and was removed from a local night club in the area of Bathurst Street and Wellington Street West area.
- the accused threatened to return with a firearm and left the area
- a short time later he returned and brandished a small black handgun
- Police officers were contacted and immediately attended
- the accused was arrested and a search revealed that he was in possession of a loaded Glock model 27 handgun with 8 rounds of .40 cal. ammunition as well as a bag with an additional 15 rounds of ammunition
- also located was a large bag of cocaine packaged in 158 individual baggies with a total weight of 102.10 grams including packaging
On Saturday, April 7, 2018, police arrested Daniel Kowalewski, 29, of Toronto
He is charged with:
1. Uttering threats
3. Carry concealed weapon
4. Careless storage of a firearm
5. Careless storage of ammunition
6. Unauthorized possession of a firearm
7. Unauthorized possession of a prohibited weapon
8. Possession of a firearm knowing it's possession is unauthorized
9. Possession of a prohibited weapon with ammunition
10.Possession of a weapon obtained by crime
11.Possession for the purpose of trafficking schedule I substance (cocaine)
12.Possession of a schedule I substance (cocaine)
13.Obstruct Peace Officer
He will appear in Old City Hall Court, room #101,on Saturday, April 8, 2018, 10 a.m.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1400, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Gary Long, Corporate Communications, for Detective Darren Worth, 14 Division