Daniel Murray, 40, faces 14 charges in ongoing stolen identification
and forgery/use of fraudulent credit card investigation,
Police concerned there may be other victims,
Photograph of man released
Broadcast time: 08:30
Thursday, April 12, 2018
Case #: 2018-636403
On Monday, April 9, 2018, officers from 52 Division arrested a man in relation to the possession and use of forged credit cards, credit-card data and credit-card making instruments.
It is alleged that:
- officers seized over 100 pieces of stolen or counterfeit identification and credit cards, as well as credit-card forgery equipment
The investigation is ongoing. Police are concerned there may be other victims.
Daniel Murray, 40, of Toronto, was charged with:
1) three counts of Unauthorized Possession of Credit Card
2) eight counts of Unauthorized Possession of Credit Card Data
3) two counts of Deal with Device for Forging or Falsifying Credit Cards
4) Fail to Comply with probation
He appeared in court at Old City Hall on Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 2 p.m.
Officers are reminding the public to keep their valuable belongings secure at all times and to report all stolen credit cards to police.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5270, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Phillip Gayle, 52 Division Fraud Unit