Mark Richard Dupuis, 47, faces three charges in
ongoing Fraud investigation,
Man's photograph released
Broadcast time: 14:15
Wednesday, May 2, 2018
Case #: 2018-780340
The Toronto Police Service is requesting assistance with an ongoing Fraud investigation.
It is alleged that:
- in September 2017, a man met a 38-year-old woman on an online dating website
- he told her he was a former police officer and proposed marriage to her
- after a short time, he offered to help her with her business
- by April 2018, he had convinced her to give him frequent cash payments and vehicle purchases totalling more than $100,000
It is further alleged that:
- the man used multiple identities, aliases, and titles
His photograph has been released.
On Tuesday, May 1, 2018, Mark Richard Dupuis, 47, of no fixed address, was arrested and charged with:
1) Fraud Over $5000
2) Personating Peace Officer
3) Uttering Threats
He appeared in court at Old City Hall on Wednesday, May 2, 2018, 11 a.m., room 111.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5271 or email at Patrick.Stewart@torontopolice.on.ca, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Patrick Stewart, 52 Division