Man arrested in series of collisions involving a stolen car,
Broadcast time: 08:45
Sunday, May 6, 2018
Case #: 2018-804696
The Toronto Police Service would like to inform the public of an arrest made in the investigation of a series of collisions involving a stolen car.
On Friday, May 4, 2018, at 8:22 p.m., officers responded to a call for a personal injury collision in the Union Station area.
It is alleged that:
- a 46-year-old man had stopped to pick up an Uber fare
- another man jumped into his car and fled
- the suspect struck a number of cars being driven in the area
- he got out of the car and fled on foot
- he was pursued by GO Transit officers and arrested
Kevin Garret, 49, of Toronto, is charged with:
1. Theft Under $5000
2. Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle
3. Four counts of Fail to Stop at Scene of Accident
4. Driving While Impaired
5. Driving While Over 80 mgs
6. Driving While Under Suspension
He appeared in court at Old City Hall on Saturday, May 5, 2018, at 10 a.m., in room 101.
Some of the occupants of the cars involved in the collisions were injured. All injuries were minor in nature, no one went to hospital. There were no pedestrians struck in this incident.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable David Hopkinson, Corporate Communications, for Detective Geraid O'Kane, 52 Division