Woman arrested in Assault of TTC Chief Supervisor,
Danforth Avenue and Woodbine Avenue
Broadcast time: 17:45
Sunday, May 6, 2018
Case #: 2018-802115
The Toronto Police Service would like to inform the public of an arrest made in the assault of a TTC Chief Supervisor.
On Friday, May 4, 2018, at 5:20 p.m., officers responded to a call for unknown trouble in the Danforth Avenue and Woodbine Avenue area.
It is alleged that:
- a woman entered a building and took mail from mailboxes
- the mail did not belong to her
- she was confronted by a resident of the building
- she assaulted him and fled the scene
- a TTC Chief Supervisor arrested her a short distance away
- she assaulted him as well
- officers arrived and she was arrested
- found in her possession were numerous pieces of mail from various addresses
Zehra Sundu, 28, of Toronto, has been charged with:
1. Six counts of Theft of Mail
2. Assault with a Weapon
4. Three counts of Possess Credit Card Obtained by Crime
5. Two counts of Breach of Probation
She appeared in court at Old City Hall on Saturday, May 5, 2018, at 10 a.m., in room 101.
This is an on-going investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5500, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable David Hopkinson, Corporate Communications, for Detective David Yarmoluk, 55 Division