Man sought in Assault Cause Bodily Harm investigation,
Yonge Street and College Street
Broadcast time: 13:32
Thursday, May 10, 2018
Case #: 2018-817125
The Toronto Police Service requests assistance with an Assault Cause Bodily Harm investigation.
On Tuesday, May 8, 2018, officers started an Assault Cause Bodily Harm investigation into an occurrence at Yonge Street and Bloor Street on Monday, April 30, 2018, at 9:10 a.m.
It is reported that:
- a 38-year-old woman was standing near a bus stop
- a man was asked to leave the bus due to his behaviour
- as he got off the bus, he started arguing with the 38-year-old woman
- he punched her in the face, causing a serious injury
- a man intervened and stopped the assault
- the suspect fled the area
He is described as white, 5'9"-6'0", short hair, possibly a goatee. He was wearing blue jeans, beige jean jacket.
He is believed to be violent and dangerous. If located, do not approach. Call 9-1-1 immediately.
Investigators would also like to speak with the man who intervened and stopped the assault.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable David Hopkinson, Corporate Communications, for Detective Jason Hunter, 11 Division