Two men wanted in Fraud/Theft Over $5000 investigation,
Richmond Street West and Simcoe Street area,
Security camera images of the men released
Broadcast time: 13:38
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
Case #: 2018-220198
The Toronto Police Service requests assistance identifying two men wanted in a Fraud/Theft Over $5000 investigation.
On Monday, February 4, 2018, officers started an investigation into the theft of property and cheques from a condominium in the Richmond Street West and Simcoe Street area.
It is reported that:
- a woman rented her condominium on Airbnb to a man for the night of Saturday, February 3, 2018
- she returned the next day to find her unit ransacked and damaged
- a large number of personal items were stolen
- jewelry, high-end clothing, shoes and a chequebook had been taken
- two men have attempted to deposit the stolen cheques into ATMs
Suspect #1 is described as having facial hair, wearing dark-coloured winter jacket with hood up.
Suspect #2 is described as wearing dark-coloured Hollister winter jacket with hood up.
Security camera images of the men are released.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable David Hopkinson, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Paul Sousa, 52 Division