Fatal collision #26/2018,
Wilson Avenue, west of Highway 401 Bathurst Street off-ramp
Broadcast time: 11:14
Tuesday, May 22, 2018
Case #: 2018-912175
On Sunday, May 20, 2018, at 11:07 p.m., police responded to a call for a personal injury collision on Wilson Avenue, west of the Highway 401 Bathurst Street off-ramp.
It is reported that:
- a 40-year-old man was driving a Honda Civic westbound on Wilson Avenue, near the Highway 401 Bathurst Street off-ramp
- a 43-year-old man was driving a Honda Crosstour eastbound on Wilson Avenue, near the Highway 401 Bathurst Street off-ramp
- for reasons not yet determined, the Honda Civic crossed into the eastbound lanes of Wilson Avenue and collided with the eastbound Honda Crosstour
- the driver of the Honda Civic received life-threatening injuries and succumbed to his injuries at the scene
- the driver and three occupants of the Honda Crosstour received non-life-threatening injuries and were taken to hospital
Police are asking local residents, business, and drivers, who may have security or dash camera footage of the area or incident, to contact investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Sergeant Alex Crews, Traffic Services, for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services