Public Safety Alert,
Regent Park community
Broadcast time: 17:00
Friday, May 25, 2018
Case #: 2018-925114
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of two shooting incidents that have occurred in the vicinity of the Regent Park community.
The first incident took place on Wednesday, May 23, 2018, at 12:43 a.m., when it's alleged that:
- a man was standing near 184 River Street, smoking a cigarette
- he was approached by two men
- one of the men, wearing all white with a hooded garment that covered his face, held a handgun to the back of the man's head and appeared to pull the trigger on the firearm
- the firearm did not discharge
- the two men immediately turned around and walked away
- the man appears unaware of what occurred
The second incident took place on Wednesday, May 23, 2018, at 12:51 a.m., when it's alleged that:
- a 42-year-old man was standing near the entrance of a variety store near 175 River Street
- two men walked past him
- the man, dressed in white, turns toward the man
- both men have firearms
- the two men pursued the man on foot into the lobby area of 220 Oak Street
- the man discharges the firearm, striking the man
- the two men then turned around and fled the area on foot
- the man was transported to hospital where he was treated for a gunshot wound and released
It is believed the same two men are responsible for both incidents.
Investigators are releasing a security video of the two incidents, click here.
The Toronto Police Service would like members of the community to be mindful of their surroundings and anyone with information about these incidents is asked to contact police at 416-808-5100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Detective Sergeant Michael Richmond, 51 Division