Personal injury collision #17/2018,
Steeles Avenue East, west of Kennedy Road
Broadcast time: 13:22
Wednesday, June 6, 2018
Case #: 2018-967424
On Tuesday, May 29, 2018, at 9:34 a.m., police responded to a call for a personal injury collision at Steeles Avenue East, west of Kennedy Road.
It is reported that:
- a woman, 45, was driving a TTC bus westbound on Steeles Avenue East, west of Kennedy Road
- a white pick-up truck was westbound on Steeles Avenue East, west of Kennedy Road
- as the pick-up truck changed lanes, the driver of the TTC bus applied the brakes
- a woman, 82, a passenger on the bus, then fell
- the white pick-up truck was last seen westbound on Steeles Avenue East, west of Kennedy Road
The 82-year-old woman received life-threatening injuries and was taken to hospital.
Police are seeking assistance from the public locating the vehicle and driver involved in this incident. The vehicle is described as a white Ford Super Cab pick-up truck with construction-type equipment in the box or cargo area of the truck. The driver is described as male.
Police are also asking the 30-35 people who were on bus #1257 (the 53 Steeles East route) at the time, to contact investigators.
Police are also asking local residents, businesses, and drivers, who may have security or dash camera footage of the area or incident, to contact investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1950, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Clint Stibbe, Traffic Services, for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services