Woman, 55, arrested for pharmacy armed Robbery,
Eglinton Avenue West and Kipling Avenue area
Broadcast time: 10:26
Friday, June 1, 2018
Case #: 2018-978800
Toronto Police Service Hold Up would like to make the public aware of an arrest in an armed robbery investigation at a pharmacy in the Eglinton Avenue West and Kipling Avenue area.
It is alleged that:
- on Wednesday May 30, 2018, at 7:30 p.m., a woman entered a drug store, selected a number of items, and placed them in a bag she was carrying
- a store employee approached the woman
- the woman displayed a firearm tucked into her waistband and walked out of the store without paying for the items
- the store employee followed the woman outside the store
- the woman then pulled out the firearm, pointed it at the store employee, and pulled the trigger multiple times
- the firearm did not discharge
- the woman then struck the store employee in the face with the gun
- the woman got into the driver’s seat of a pickup truck and fled
- the store employee received minor facial injuries
On Wednesday, May 30, 2018, Geraldine Cerrito, 55, of Toronto, was arrested. She has been charged with:
1) Robbery with a Firearm
2) Assault Bodily Harm
It is further alleged that:
- a replica firearm was recovered during the arrest
She was scheduled to appear in court at College Park on Thursday, May 31, 2018, room 501.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Acting Inspector Lauren Pogue, Hold Up