Man, 50, arrested in convenience mart Robbery,
Danforth Avenue and Coxwell Avenue area,
Faces five charges
Broadcast time: 10:53
Tuesday, June 5, 2018
Case #: 2018-1004397
Toronto Police Service Hold Up would like to make the public aware of an arrest and charges laid in an investigation into a retail Robbery at a convenience mart in the Danforth Avenue and Coxwell Avenue area.
It is alleged that:
- on Sunday, June 3, 2018, at 12:45 p.m., a man drove a silver Honda Civic to the area of the variety store
- the man donned a mask and sunglasses before entering the store
- the man approached a woman, working behind the counter with her mother
- the man produced a knife and made a demand for cash
- the man then made his way behind the counter, pushing past both women
- the man attempted to open the register, eventually smashing it on the floor
- the man then carried the register outside and fled in the vehicle
On Sunday, June 3, 2018, Terrence Allen, 50, of Toronto, was arrested. He is charged with:
1) Robbery with a Weapon
2) Possession of a Weapon
3) Disguise with Intent
4) Possession of Property obtained by Crime (under)
5) Fail to Comply Probation
He was scheduled to appear in court at College Park on Monday, June 4, 2018, room 501.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for A/Inspector Lauren Pogue, Hold Up