Man, 23, arrested,
Spadina Avenue and Queen Street West area,
Firearm, cash, ammunition, drugs seized,
Faces 13 charges
Broadcast time: 12:20
Tuesday, June 5, 2018
Case #: 2018-1012058
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest.
It is alleged that:
- on Monday, June 4, 2018, officers investigated a man in the Spadina Avenue and Queen Street West area for a drug-related offence
- the accused was arrested after a brief struggle
- a loaded firearm was subsequently located, along with a quantity of marijuana, hashish and proceeds of crime
- investigators seized a .38 calibre revolver loaded with five rounds of ammunition, 14.5 grams of marijuana, eight grams of hashish and $2,030 cash
On Monday, June 4, 2018, police arrested Nathaniel English, 23, of Brampton.
He is charged with:
1) Possession of schedule II substance
2) Assault with intent to resist arrest
3) Possession for purpose of trafficking schedule II substance
4) Possession of schedule II substance
5) Possession of schedule II substance
6) Possession for the purpose trafficking schedule II substance
7) Possession of proceeds of crime under $5000
8) Unauthorized possession of a firearm
9) Possess firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
10) Possess firearm obtained by crime
11) Careless storage of a firearm
12) Carry concealed weapon
13) Fail to comply probation
He was scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Tuesday, June 5, 2018, 10 a.m., room 101.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1400, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Gary Long, Corporate Communications, for Detective Darren Worth, 14 Division Major Crime Unit