Andy Metatawabin, 31, arrested in Attempt Murder investigation,
Michael Garron Hospital,
Faces 12 charges,
Photograph of man released
Broadcast time: 13:53
Wednesday, June 13, 2018
Case #: 2018-1018165
The Toronto Police Service would like to inform the public of an arrest in an Attempt Murder investigation.
It is alleged that:
- on Tuesday, June 5, 2018, at approximately 2:11 p.m., a man was in Michael Garron Hospital
- he approached a 62-year-old man in the emergency department, produced a knife, and stabbed him
See previous release.
Andy Metatawabin, 31, of Toronto, has been arrested.
It is further alleged that:
- there was another Canada Wide Warrant for Attempt Murder outstanding, as well as several warrants throughout the City of Toronto
He is charged with:
1) two counts of Attempt Murder
2) Aggravated Assault
3) Weapons Dangerous
4) Threaten Death
5) Possession of a Weapon
7) Assault with Intent to Resist Arrest
8) Theft Under $5,000
9) two counts of Fail to Comply with Recognizance
10) two counts of Fail to Comply with Probation
He was scheduled to appear in court at College Park on Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 10 a.m., room 505.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable David Hopkinson, Corporate Communications, for Detective Renee Foley, 54 Division