Fail-to-Remain personal injury collision #20/2018,
Finch Avenue West at Tobermory Drive,
Driver and vehicle sought
Broadcast time: 09:51
Tuesday, June 26, 2018
Case #: 2018-1140010
On Saturday, June 23, 2018, at 2:05 a.m., police responded to a call for a personal injury collision at Finch Avenue West at Tobermory Drive.
It is reported that:
- a dark-coloured sedan was travelling westbound on Finch Avenue West, approaching Tobermory Drive
- a man, 20, was attempting to cross Finch Avenue West at Tobermory Drive
- the vehicle struck the pedestrian
- both the driver and the vehicle failed to remain at the scene following the collision
- the vehicle was last seen travelling westbound on Finch Avenue East
The 20-year-old man received life-threatening injuries and was taken to hospital.
The vehicle and driver involved in the collision are being sought by police. The vehicle is described as a dark-coloured sedan. It will have front-end damage from the collision.
Police are asking all residents, business owners, and drivers who were in the area at the time of the collision, to contact police if they have any video or dash camera footage of the area.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Clint Stibbe, Traffic Services, for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services