Wesley States, 24, charged in Child Luring Investigation,
Yonge Street and Finch Avenue West area,
Police concerned there may be other victims,
Images of man released
Broadcast time: 09:47
Thursday, June 28, 2018
Case #: 2018-982390
On Tuesday, June 26, 2018, members of the Toronto Police Service Sex Crimes Child Exploitation Section executed a search warrant in the Yonge Street and Finch Avenue West area
It is alleged that:
- from October 2015 to December 2017, a man communicated online with numerous children
- the man engaged the children in sexually explicit chats
- the man sent the children sexually explicit images over the internet
Wesley States, 24, of Toronto, has been arrested. He is charged with:
1) Luring a Child (under 16)
2) Invitation to Sexual Touching
3) Luring a Child (under 18)
4) Make Child Pornography
5) Make Sexually Explicit Material Available to a Child
6) Access Child Pornography
He was scheduled to appear in court at 1000 Finch Avenue West on Wednesday, June 27, 2018, 10 a.m., courtroom 306.
It is further alleged that:
- police believe Wesley States communicated with numerous other children using the online identity of "Cody."
Police are concerned there may be other victims.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7474, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
Reporting can also be made at Canada’s National Tipline for Reporting the Online Sexual Exploitation of Children at www.cybertip.ca.
This project has been made possible by a grant from the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Julie MacInnis, Sex Crimes, Child Exploitation Section