Boy, 17, arrested, loaded firearm recovered,
Jane Street and Trethewey Drive area
Broadcast time: 14:46
Tuesday, July 17, 2018
Case #: 2018-1281641
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest and the seizure of a loaded firearm.
On Saturday, July 14, 2018, at approximately 2 a.m., officers were called by employees of the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), to investigate a 17-year-old boy on TTC property.
It is alleged that:
- officers attended the Jane Street and Trethewey Drive area
- officers entered a bus and interacted with a 17-year-old boy
- upon further investigation, the boy was found to be in possession of a loaded .40 calibre firearm
A 17-year-old boy, of Toronto, was arrested. He is charged with:
1) Possession of a Firearm Knowing Its Possession is Unauthorized
2) Unauthorized possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle
3) Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
4) Careless Storage of a Firearm
5) Unauthorized Possession of a Restricted Weapon
6) Possession of a Firearm obtained by crime
7) Possession of a Loaded Firearm
8) Possession of a prohibited device knowing its possession is unauthorized
9) Unauthorized possession of a prohibited device in a motor vehicle
10) Possession of a firearm contrary to a Prohibition Order
11) Possession of ammunition contrary to a Prohibition Order
12) two counts of Fail to Comply Probation
The boy was scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Saturday, July 14, 2018.
The boy cannot be identified under the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
The Toronto Police Service would like to thank the TTC for their quick response and notification.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Charlene Platte, 12 Division