Public Safety Alert,
Break-and-Enters in 53 Division
Broadcast time: 14:08
Tuesday, July 17, 2018
The Toronto Police Service would like to inform the public of a series of Break-and-Enters in 53 Division.
It is reported that:
- between the early morning hours of Wednesday, July 11, 2018 and Monday, July 16, 2018, three residential Break-and-Enters were reported in the neighbourhoods of Chaplin Estates and Bennington Heights, while occupants in the home were asleep
Police are urging the public to take the following steps to help prevent further incidents:
- lock all of your doors and windows each night and ensure all house alarms (if any) are active
- keep porch lights and side lights on as a deterrent
- keep your garage door locked at all times
- if you go away on holidays, tell a neighbour of your departure and return dates, where possible, cancel or redirect mail and deliveries, or have a neighbour collect these items
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5300, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Constable Timothy Somers, 53 Division