Man, 18, and woman, 43, charged with firearm and drug offences,
Leigh Street and McCormack Street area
Broadcast time: 14:13
Wednesday, July 18, 2018
Case #: 2018-1278036
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of two arrests and the seizure of a loaded firearm and narcotics.
On Friday, July 13, 2018, at approximately 3:30 p.m., officers were called for a person with a gun in the Leigh Street and McCormack Street area.
It is alleged that:
- officers attended the area and located a man and woman
- he was placed under arrest for being in possession of a firearm
Shortly afterwards, a Criminal Code search warrant was executed at a home in the same area
It is further alleged that:
- officers located and seized a loaded .40 calibre firearm, a BB gun, a quantity of ammunition and a quantity of marijuana from the search warrant
On Friday, July 13, 2018, Tyler Cass-Cook, 18, of Toronto, was charged with:
1) Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose
2) Possession of Prohibited ammunition dangerous to public peace
3) Carry firearm carelessly
4) Carry ammunition carelessly
5) Uttering threats
6) Possession of a prohibited firearm with ammunition
7) Possession of firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
8) Unauthorized possession of firearm
9) Unlicenced person in possession of prohibited ammunition
10) Possession of weapon obtained by commission of offence
11) Knowingly possess ammunition for purpose of transfer offer
12) Tampering with serial number
13) Possess schedule II substance not in excess amount
On Friday, July 13, 2018, Lori Cass, 43, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with:
1) Possession of a Prohibited firearm with ammunition
2) Possession of firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
3) Unauthorized possession of firearm
4) Unlicenced person in possession of prohibited ammunition
5) Possession of weapon obtained by commission of offence
6) Knowingly possess ammunition for purpose of transfer offer
7) Tampering with serial number
8) Possess schedule II substance not in excess amount
They both appeared in court at Old City Hall on Saturday, July 14, 2018.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Detective Martin Levesque, 12 Division