Fail-to-Remain collision #26/2018,
John Street at Stephanie Street,
Man, 20, facing seven charges
Broadcast time: 10:02
Friday, July 20, 2018
Case #: 2018-1308195
On Wednesday, July 18, 2018, at 2:59 a.m., police responded to a call for a personal injury collision at John Street at Stephanie Street.
See previous release.
It is alleged that:
- a dark-coloured Jeep Wrangler was travelling north on John Street
- while attempting to make a U-turn at Stephanie Street, it struck a black Honda pick-up truck
- a man, 39, who was the driver of the Honda, exited the vehicle and became involved in an altercation with the driver of the Jeep
- the Jeep then struck the 39-year-old man
- the driver of the Jeep, which struck the man, failed to remain at the scene of the collision, driving away in the Jeep
- the Jeep was last seen travelling southbound on John Street, towards Queen Street West
The 39-year-old man, who was struck, received life-threatening injuries and was taken to hospital.
It is further alleged that:
- the driver of the Jeep has been identified as Joseph Alarcon, 20, of Toronto
He has been charged with;
1) Dangerous Operation of a motor vehicle
2) Dangerous Operation of a motor vehicle causing bodily harm
3) Fail to stop at scene of accident causing bodily harm
4) Robbery with violence
5) Obstruct peace officer
6) Theft of motor vehicle
7) Possession of property obtained by crime
He is scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Friday, July 20, 2018, 10 a.m., room 101.
Police are asking local residents, businesses, and drivers, who may have security or dash camera footage of the area or incident, to contact investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Clint Stibbe, Traffic Services, for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services