Man Arrested in Internet Child Luring/Child Pornography Investigation,
Blair Thomas Newton Evans, 68,
Faces 14 charges
Broadcast time: 09:20
Friday, July 27, 2018
Case #: 2018-1363462
On Thursday, July 26, 2018, the Toronto Police Service Sex Crimes, Child Exploitation Section, executed a Criminal Code search warrant in the area of Yonge Street and Sheppard Avenue East.
It is alleged that:
- a man communicated through social media with a boy
- the man engaged in multiple, sexually explicit conversations with the boy
- the man sent the boy abusive images and directed the boy to send child pornography images of himself
The man communicated through various social media sites as "TomLarkin789" and “btnevans”. Police believe there may be additional victims.
Blair Thomas Newton Evans, 68, of Toronto has been arrested. He is charged with
1. Four counts of Make Available Child Pornography
2. Two counts of Make child pornography
3. Three counts of Possess Child Pornography
4. Two counts of Access Child Pornography
5. Luring a Child under 18 years
6. Luring a Child under 16 years
7. Invitation to Sexual Touching
He appeared in court at 1000 Finch Avenue West, on Thursday, July 26, 2018.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-8500, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Dayna Boyko, Sex Crimes