Man arrested and two firearms recovered,
Sheppard Avenue West and Chesswood Drive
Broadcast time: 20:37
Sunday, July 29, 2018
Case #: 2018-1384918
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest and the seizure of two loaded firearms.
On Sunday, July, 29, 2018, at 3:26 a.m., officers conducted a liquor licence investigation in the area of Sheppard Avenue West and Chesswood Drive.
It is alleged that:
- a man left a licensed establishment
- he entered the driver’s seat of a motor vehicle and attempt to drive away
- police approached the vehicle to investigate the driver for being impaired
- the man tried to evade police and drove into three parked vehicles
- the man was arrested.
It is further alleged that:
- a loaded Sig Sauer P220 .45 calibre with eight rounds of .45 calibre ammunition and a Glock 17, 9mm calibre with one round of 9mm ammunition were seized
- heroin and cocaine were also seized
Yass Abdillahi, 25, of Brampton, was charged with:
1. Three counts of Possess Schedule I Substance
2. Two counts of Unauthorized possession of a firearm
3. Driving while ability impaired
4. Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
5. Assault with intent to resist arrest
6. Escape lawful custody
7. Six counts of Possess Schedule I Substance for Trafficking
8. Two counts of Unauthorized possession of a firearm
9. Two counts of Possess a prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition
10. Two counts of Unauthorized possession of a firearm in motor vehicle
11. Four counts of Unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted weapon
12. Two counts of Possession of a weapon
13. Two counts of Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
14. Three counts of Possession of a firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order
15. Fail or refuse to provide sample
16. Two counts of Fail to comply with recognizance
17. Two counts of Possession of a firearm prohibited or restricted weapon obtained by crime
18. Three counts of Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000
19. Tampering with a serial number of a firearm
20. Fail to comply with probation order
He is scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall, on Monday, July 30, 2018, at 10 a.m., in room 103.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-3100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Gary Long, Corporate Communications, for Detective Dion Monahar, 31 Division