Two men charged in drug trafficking and firearm investigation,
Each facing 20 charges
Broadcast time: 14:03
Friday, August 3, 2018
On Thursday, August 2, 2018, the Toronto Police Organized Crime Enforcement Drug Squad concluded a drug trafficking investigation near the Highway 401 and McCowan Avenue area.
It is alleged that:
- two men were trafficking powder cocaine while armed with a 7.62 calibre semi-automatic rifle
On Thursday August 2, 2018, Jaspal Bhatti, 22, and Sujan Balasubramaniam, 19, both of Toronto, were arrested and each charged with:
1. three Counts of Trafficking Cocaine
2. two Counts of Possession For the Purpose of Trafficking Cocaine
3. two Counts of Possession For the Purpose of Trafficking Marihuana
4. Possession For the Purpose of Trafficking Psilocybin
5. eight Counts of Possession of Proceeds of Crime
6. Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
7. Possession of Firearm knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
8. Careless Storage of Firearm
9. Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm in Motor Vehicle and Careless storage of Ammunition
Both men are scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Friday, August 3, 2018, 10 a.m.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-6100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Acting Inspector Steve Watts, OCE-Drug Squad