Man wanted in Assault and Theft investigation,
Images of wanted man released,
**Photographs can no longer be published/broadcast**
Broadcast time: 07:05
Thursday, August 9, 2018
Case #: 2018-928131
The Toronto Police Service requests the public's assistance identifying and locating a man wanted for several offenses.
It is reported that:
- on Wednesday, May 2, 2018, Wednesday, May 23, 2018, and Friday, May 29, 2018, the man committed Theft at the same store in the Burnhamthorpe Road and Renforth Drive area
- on Wednesday, May 2, 2018, the man committed another theft at a store in The East Mall and Dundas Street West area
- approximately $1,200 worth of merchandise was taken during these incidents
It is further reported that:
- on Tuesday, May 22, 2018, at 1:30 a.m., a man boarded a bus at the Kipling Subway Station
- the man got into a dispute with the bus driver, spat on him, threatened to kill him and immediately fled the area
It is also reported that:
- on Wednesday, May 23, 2018, at 12:55 p.m., the man attended a store in the Bloor Street West and Royal York Road area
- the man started taunting the store employees who tried to deter him from committing theft
- a bystander intervened to assist the employees when the man pushed him, pulled out a knife and threatened to cut him
- the bystander and store employees were able to lock the man outside the store and he fled the scene before police arrived
The man is described as 6’0”, 18 to 20, 180 lbs., with a medium build, thick curly dark brown hair, and eyeglasses.
An image of the wanted man has been released.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Katrina Arrogante, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Everett Dunbar, 11 Division