The Canadian 5k Championship Run &
The B&O Yorkville 5K Charity Run,
Sunday, September 9, 2018,
Broadcast time: 06:47
Saturday, September 8, 2018
Public Safety - Major Events
On Sunday, September 9, 2018, at 9 a.m., the Canadian 5K Championship Run will take place. Later, at 9:45 a.m., the B&O Yorkville 5K Charity Run will start.
Road closures will be in place during the day from 7:30 a.m., to 11:30 p.m.
The race will follow this route:
- Bay Street at Scollard Street to southbound Bay Street, from Scollard Street to Bloor Street West (half-road, all southbound lanes)
- cross Bloor Street West, southbound Bay Street, from Bloor Street West to Wellesley Street West (all southbound lanes)
As runners approach Wellesley Street, taper from half-road to curb lane, southbound on Bay Street, from Wellesley Street West to Dundas Street West (curb lane only)
- westbound Dundas Street West from Bay Street to University Avenue (curb lane only)
- cross College Street, northbound on Queen's Park/Queen's Park Crescent East/Queen's Park, from College Street to Bloor Street West (curb lane only)
- northbound on Avenue Road, from Bloor Street West to Davenport Road (curb lane only)
- eastbound onto Davenport Road then southbound on Davenport Road from Avenue Road to Belmont Street (parking lane, bike lane and center lane)
- exception: Davenport Road from Avenue Road to Belmont Street/New Street (passing lane will remain open to traffic)
Finish line: Davenport Road, just south of New Street (half-road, all southbound lanes).
Motorists can expect delays in the area and should consider alternate methods of transportation. The TTC will experience delays and be re-routed around the area.
The race will take place regardless of weather conditions.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Constable Isabel Ethier, Public Safety - Major Events