Man, 25, faces two charges in retail Robbery investigations,
Annette Street and Windermere Avenue area and
Weston Road and Lambton Avenue area
Broadcast time: 14:55
Monday, August 27, 2018
Case #: 2018-1207918
Toronto Police Service Hold Up would like to make the public aware of an arrest in an investigation into two convenience stores Robberies.
It is alleged that:
- on Friday, June 29, 2018, a man attended a convenience store in the Annette Street and Windermere Avenue area
- the man selected a beverage and a lottery ticket and handed the employee some money to pay for them
- as the employee turned towards the cash register, the man grabbed the whole tray of lottery tickets and attempted to flee
- the victim struggled with the man over the tray and the man managed to flee with some tickets
It is further alleged that:
- on Tuesday July 3, 2018, the same man attended a variety store in the Weston Road and Lambton Avenue area
- he selected a beverage and, after handing over some money, he grabbed the tray of lottery tickets
- the victim tried to prevent the tray from being taken and struggled with the man, who swung the tray at the victim several times before fleeing
Following an investigation by TPS Hold Up, on Saturday, August 25, 2018, Qasim Sikandari, 25, of Brampton, was arrested and charged with:
1) two counts of Robbery with Violence
He is scheduled to appear in court at 2201 Finch Avenue West on Thursday, September 20, 2018, room 202.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for A/Inspector Lauren Pogue, Hold Up