Controlled Drugs and Substances Act search warrant executed,
Storage unit at 24 Jefferson Avenue,
Guns and drugs seized,
Boy, 17, arrested, faces 24 charges
Broadcast time: 11:36
Friday, September 7, 2018
Case #: 2018-1650034
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of a Controlled Drugs and Substances Act search warrant that was executed.
On Thursday, September 6, 2018, at approximately 11:45 a.m., a search warrant was executed by members of 14 Division Major Crime Unit on a storage unit at 24 Jefferson Avenue.
It is alleged that the following items were seized:
- a 12 gauge Winchester pump action shotgun loaded with four rounds of ammunition
- a sawed-off Soviet SK5 semi-automatic rifle loaded with five rounds of ammunition
- two knives
- 81.36 grams of cocaine
A 17-year-old boy, of Toronto, is charged with:
1) two counts of Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Firearm
2) two counts of Possession of Prohibited/Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
3) two counts of Careless Storage (Firearm)
4) two counts of Careless Storage (Ammunition)
5) two counts of Possession of Firearm Knowing Its Possession Unauthorized
6) two counts of Possession of Weapon (Firearm)
7) two counts of Possession of Weapon (Ammunition)
8) two counts of Alter Serial Number on a Firearm
9) Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking Schedule 1 Substance
10) Possession of Schedule 1 Substance
11) two counts of Breach of Prohibition Order (Firearm)
12) two counts of Breach of Prohibition Order (Ammunition)
13) Fail to Comply with YCJA Order
14) Fail to Comply with Recognizance
He is scheduled to appear in court at 311 Jarvis Street on Tuesday, September 11, 2018, 9 a.m., room 1.
He cannot be named under the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable David Hopkinson, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Jason Lim, 14 Division