Fail-to-Remain personal injury collision #40/2018,
Sheppard Avenue West, west of Banting Avenue
Driver and vehicle sought
Broadcast time: 04:59
Monday, September 10, 2018
Case #: 2018-1668494
The Toronto Police Service requests assistance identifying a vehicle and its driver in a Fail-to-Remain personal injury collision on Sunday, September 9, 2018 at 1:07 a.m., at Sheppard Avenue West, west of Banting Avenue.
It is reported that:
- a vehicle was eastbound on Sheppard Avenue West, west of Banting Avenue
- a man, 82, was attempting to cross Sheppard Avenue West, west of Banting Avenue
- the man was struck by the vehicle
- the driver stopped his vehicle after the collision, exited the vehicle, and approached the victim and witnesses of the collision
- after a brief interaction with the witnesses, he returned to his vehicle and fled the scene
The 82-year-old man received life-threatening injuries and was taken to hospital.
The vehicle is described as a dark sedan which may have damage to the right front or windshield area.
The male driver is described as 5'8"-5'10", 20s to 30s, olive complexion, clean-shaven, dark hair, medium build.
Police are asking anyone who may have been in the area between 1 a.m., and 1:15 a.m., who may have witnessed the collision, or anyone with dash camera or security footage of the area or the collision, to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Clint Stibbe, Traffic Services, for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services