Nine arrested in Controlled Drugs and
Substances Act/Fireams investigation,
Rexdale Boulevard and Highway 27 area,
Face total of 279 charges,
Firearms, drugs, cash seized
Broadcast time: 09:27
Monday, September 17, 2018
Case #: 2018-1705451
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of nine arrests in a Controlled Drugs and Substances Act/Firearms investigation.
Officers from the West Command Gun Violence Suppression Unit (GVSU), started an investigation into a man allegedly engaged in trafficking narcotics.
It is further alleged that:
- a Controlled Drugs and Substance Act warrant was sought and granted for an address associated to a man in the Rexdale Boulevard and Highway 27 area
- on Friday, September 14, 2018, prior to the execution of the warrant, the man was arrested as he left the residence
- on the same date, officers from the GVSU, 23 Division Major Crime Unit (MCU) and 23 Division Community Response Unit (CRU) executed the warrant without incident
- as a result of a search of the premises, the following was seized:
- 9mm Glock 26 handgun
- FN HERSTAL BELGIUM 5.7 x 28 calibre handgun
- approximately 100 grams of cocaine
- approximately $10,000 in proceeds of crime
Travis Walker, 22; Gersan Landeros-Martinez, 25; Thomas Duncan-Williams, 20; Muzamil Addow, 27; Tyson Walker, 28; Jovan Walker, 26; Tristen Bailey, 26; Damian Vassell, 31; and a 16-year-old boy, all of Toronto, were arrested.
All nine have been charged with:
1) six counts of Possession for the purpose -Cocaine
2) Careless Storage of a Firearm
3) Possess Loaded Firearm
4) Possess Prohibited Firearm without holding a license and registration Certificate
5) Possess Prohibited Firearm knowingly not holding a license and registration Certificate
6) Possess Prohibited Device
7) Careless Storage of Ammunition
8) Possess Firearm with Altered Serial Number
9) Careless Storage of a Firearm
10) Possess Loaded Firearm
11) Possess Prohibited Firearm without holding a license and registration Certificate
12) Possess Prohibited Device
13) Careless Storage of Ammunition
14) Possess Firearm with Altered Serial Number
15) seven counts of Possess Firearm while Prohibited
16) four counts of Possession of Proceeds
17) Fail to Comply with Probation
They were all scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Saturday, September 15, 2018, 10 a.m.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook, Corporate Communications, for Detective Jason Taylor, West Command Gun Violence Suppression Unit