Arrest made in Controlled Drugs and Substances investigation,
2 men charged, Firearm seized
Broadcast time: 13:40
Friday, September 21, 2018
Case #: 2018-1731089
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest made in a Controlled Drugs and Substances investigation.
Officers from the 11 Division Major Crime Unit started an investigation into the distribution of narcotics at an address in the Dundas Street West and Windermere Avenue area.
It is alleged that:
- on Tuesday, September 18, 2018, Jolani Raguette, 19, and Kieran Morrison, 22, both of Toronto, were arrested outside of the address
- at the time of the arrest, a loaded firearm was seized from a vehicle
Both men have been charged with:
1. Possession for the Purpose Marihuana
2. Possession of Marihuana
3. Fail to Comply Undertaking
4. Two counts of Fail to Comply Recognizance
5. Carry Firearm in a Careless Manner
6. Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
7. Possession Knowing Possession Unauthorized
8. Unauthorized Possession of a Motor Vehicle
9. Possession Restricted Firearm & Ammunition
10. Possession of Proceeds Under $5,000
They were scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday, September 19, 2018, at Old City Hall, at 10 a.m.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Tyler Steele, 11 Division