Man arrested in Attempt Murder investigation,
Keele Street and Eglinton Avenue West area
Broadcast time: 09:30
Sunday, September 23, 2018
Case #: 2018-1733989
The Toronto Police Service would like to inform the public of an arrest made in an Attempt Murder investigation.
On Wednesday, September 19, 2018, at approximately 2 a.m., officers discovered a man suffering from gunshot wounds in the Keele Street and Eglinton Avenue West area.
It is alleged that:
- a 34-year-old man became involved in an argument with another man
- the suspect produced a handgun and shot the 34-year-old man
- the suspect then fled the area
On Saturday, September 22, 2018, Robert William Myers, 34, of Toronto, was arrested. He is charged with:
1. Attempt Murder
2. Discharge Firearm with Intent to Endanger Life
3. Discharge Firearm Recklessly
4. Possess Firearm Not Holding a Licence
5. Possess Loaded Regulated Firearm
6. Possession of Firearm Contrary to a Prohibition Order
7. Possession of Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order
He will appear in court at Old City Hall on Saturday, September 22, 2018, at 10 a.m., in room 101.
Investigators urge anyone who witnessed the shooting, recorded video, has pictures or any other information regarding this investigation to contact police.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable David Hopkinson, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Dan Pitre, West Command Gun Violence Suppression Unit