Fatal collision #49/2018,
St Clair Avenue East and Jeanette Street
Driver of Chrysler mini-van sought
Broadcast time: 13:45
Wednesday, September 26, 2018
Case #: 2018-1780907
On Wednesday, September 26, 2018, at 7:09 a.m., police responded to a call for an unknown trouble at St. Clair Ave. E. and Jeanette St.
It is reported that:
- a 61-year-old man was crossing St. Clair Avenue East at the east side of Jeanette Street
- a Black Chrysler mini-van was travelling east on St. Clair Avenue East in the left lane and struck the man
- the driver of the mini-van fled the scene
- the pedestrian was rushed to a local hospital but succumbed to his injuries
Investigators are seeking assistance from the public in locating the vehicle and identifying the driver. Information to be aware of to assist in this effort:
- the collision occurred during morning rush hour and seized video shows that there were several other motorists in the area who may have observed the collision
- the passenger side mirror of the suspect vehicle was left behind at the scene and is a Chrysler part
- the suspect vehicle is believed to have new damage to the passenger side
Police are asking local residents, businesses, and drivers, who may have security or dash-camera footage of the area or incident, to contact investigators.
A photograph of the suspect vehicle is released.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable David Hopkinson, Corporate Communications, for Sergeant Brett Moore, Traffic Services