Two men and two women, face 33 charges in firearm, drug and proceeds of crime investigation,
Guns, drugs, cash seized
Broadcast time: 14:30
Wednesday, September 26, 2018
Organized Crime Enforcement
Case #: 2018-1775204
The Toronto Police Service Integrated Gun and Gang Task Force (IGGTF) started an investigation into individuals believed to be involved in illicit drug activity and illegal firearms possession.
This investigation led to the execution of multiple search warrants.
On Tuesday, September 25, 2018, search warrants were executed on residences and automobiles in the Bayview Avenue and Sheppard Avenue East area, the Corporate Drive and Consilium Place area, and the Kennedy Road and 16th Avenue area.
As a result, two men and two women were arrested and charged with numerous firearm, drug, and proceeds of crime-related offences.
It is alleged that the following was seized:
- a loaded 40 calibre semi-automatic handgun
- a loaded 9 mm semi-automatic handgun
- additional ammunition
- approximately 700 grams of cocaine
- approximately 165 grams of fentanyl
- approximately $170,000 in proceeds of crime
Shane Smith-Thomas, 29, of Markham, and Melissa Papanikolov, 30, both of Toronto, have each been charged with:
1. Possess Restricted Or Prohibited Firearm Without Holding A Licence And Registration Certificate
2. Possess Loaded Prohibited Firearm
3. Possess Firearm Other Than Restricted Or Prohibited Firearm Knowingly Not Holding A Licence
4. Possess Firearm, Etc. Obtained By Crime
5. Use/Handle/Store Firearm, Etc. Carelessly
6. Use/Handle/Store Ammunition Carelessly
7. Alter Serial Number On Firearm
8. Occupy Motor Vehicle With Firearm
Shane Smith-Thomas was additionally charged with:
1. Possess Firearm, Etc. While Prohibited
Kyle Small, 26, and Roxanne Cole, 24, both of Toronto, have each been charged with:
1. Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
2. Possession of a Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
3. Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
4. Possession of a Firearm, Prohibited or Restricted Weapon
5. Careless Storage of a Firearm
6. Careless Storage of Ammunition
7. Possession of Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking
8. Possession of Proceeds of Crime
They all appeared in court at Old City Hall on Wednesday, September 26, 2018, room 103.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Acting Inspector Don Belanger, Integrated Gun & Gang Task Force