Arrest made in firearm investigation,
Keante Gayle-Johnson, 20
Broadcast time: 09:28
Thursday, September 27, 2018
Case #: 2018-1784572
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest made in a firearm investigation.
On Wednesday, September 26, 2018, at 5:12 p.m., officers investigated a Wanted Man in the Cameron Street and Grange Court area.
It is alleged that the following was seized:
- a loaded .22 caliber handgun
- 9 rounds of ammunition
- .91 grams of hashish
Keante Gayle-Johnson, 20, of Toronto, was arrested on the strength of a warrant. He is charged with:
1. Careless Storage of a Firearm or Ammunition
2. Carry Concealed Weapon
3. Possession of a Restricted Firearm without a Licence
4. Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
5. Possession of a Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
6. Possession of a Firearm Obtained by Crime
7. Possession of a Firearm with an altered Serial Number
8. Possession of a Schedule II substance
9. Fail to Comply Recognizance
10. Fail to Comply Recognizance
He is scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall, on Thursday, September, 27, 2018, at 10 a.m., in room 101.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1400, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Katrina Arrogante, Corporate Communications, for Detective Darren Worth, 14 Division