Man arrested in Attempt Murder investigation,
McCowan Road and Sheppard Avenue East area,
Corey Denton, 28, facing charges,
Broadcast time: 16:15
Thursday, September 27, 2018
Case #: 2018-1784087
The Toronto Police would like to make the public aware of an arrest made in an Attempt Murder investigation.
It is alleged that:
- on Wednesday, September 5, 2018, at 6:55 p.m., police responded to reports of a shooting in the area of McCowan Road and Sheppard Avenue East,
- officers located a man with a non-life-threatening gunshot wound,
- he was taken to hospital where he received treatment for his injuries.
As a result of an investigation by members of 42 Division, Major Crime Unit, Corey Denton, 28, of Toronto, was identified as the person allegedly responsible for the shooting.
On Wednesday, September 26, 2018, he was arrested in the area of Kennedy Road and Eglinton Avenue East.
It is further alleged:
- at the time of his arrest, Corey Denton was in possession of a loaded 9mm handgun.
He has been charged with the following offences:
1. Attempted Murder
2. Aggravated Assault
3. Discharge Firearm with Intent to Endanger Life
4. Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
5. Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
6. Carrying a Concealed Weapon
7. Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unlawful
8. Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to a Prohibition Order
9. Fail to Comply With a Recognizance
10. Fail to Comply With a Probation Order
He was scheduled to appear in court on Thursday, September 27, 2018, at 1911 Eglinton Avenue East, courtroom 412, at 10 a.m.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-4200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Allyson Douglas-Cook, Corporate Communications, for Detective Sergeant Jim Gotell, 42 Division